More information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of cookie is that the website is able to remember his visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use since 20 years old, appeared when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT a cookie?
Not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, ni spam, ni spyware, open windows or pop-up.
What information do you store a cookie?
The cookies not often store sensitive information about you, Credit cards as the bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc.. Los data to keep it including technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc..
The web server will not associate you as a person if your web browser. De facto, if you usually surf with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies there?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation being carried, sections you use most, Viewed Products, times of Use, language, etc..
- Cookies advertising: Display advertising based on browsing, their country of origin, language, etc..
What are cookies own and those of third?
The cookies propias is generated by the current page and third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc..
What happens if I deactivate the cookies?
To understand the scope that can be disabling cookies shows some examples:
- You can not share content of this site in Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online shops.
- You can not access this area staff web, eg My account, the My Profile the My Orders.
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to buy online, will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as times, currency language.
- The web site will not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not write to the blog, You can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, which will reduce the income of the web.
Is it possible to eliminate cookies?
Yes. Not only remove, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove the cookies a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to the elimination.
Configuring cookies for most browsers polulares
Here's how to access a cookie Browser specified Chrome. Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon It customization that appears at the top.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show Advanced Options.
- Vaya a Privacy, Content settings.
- Select All cookies and data sites.
- A list will appear with all cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier to find cookies enter a particular domain or part of the address in the field Buscar cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines appear on the screen cookies the requested web. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to the elimination.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Options the Preferences by operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- In Record choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Aceptar cookies, You can turn on or off according to your preference.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Safari on OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Preferences, then Privacy.
- Here you will see the option Bloquear cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Settings, then Safari.
- Vaya a Privacy and Security, you will see the option Bloquear cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the configuration cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Vaya a Security and Privacy, you will see the option Aceptar cookies to select or clear the check box.
To access the configuration cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Configuration
- Now you can turn the box Permitir cookies.